To read this content you need to be a Citizen of the Wyandotte Nation. You should sign in if you already have an account or contact Family Services to receive an account. If you forgot the password, proceed and choose the “Lost your password” option.
- Vacancy Announcement – Park City, KS – Background Investigator/Compliance-Internal Audit Officer (Full-Time) – (1 Open Position) January 25, 2021
- Peace medal, painting presented to Tribe December 28, 2020
- IHS scholarships available for students October 29, 2020
- End of Year Supplemental Health (aka Benny card) Information October 13, 2020
- Contract open positions. Contact = email@example.com or 918-678-4212 September 28, 2020
- Ingram honored as ‘Training Professional of the Year’ September 21, 2020
- Community Services Block Grant: Request for Public Comment September 14, 2020
- Annual Meeting to be live Saturday, Sept. 12 September 9, 2020
- WTOK recognized for ‘best launch of a corporate university’ August 24, 2020
- Economic Development survey for Wyandotte Nation July 27, 2020
- Tribe’s cultural events cancelled; will still hold Annual Meeting Sept. 12 July 16, 2020
- Impact of McGirt case on Tribes July 15, 2020
- 2020 Gathering canceled June 26, 2020
- Community Development Statement June 15, 2020
- Fireworks Display June 3, 2020
ATTENTION WYANDOTTE CITIZENS!
Please contact Dana at the tribal center and update your mailing address today. If you are receiving the tribal newsletter your records are up to date. Information has been mailed out regarding a new supplemental healthcare benefit! Call your family members and have them update their mailing addresses too.
Chief Bearskin's ultimate vision was to provide healthcare to all Tribal Citizens. It has taken several years and a lot of work by many people, now through the final efforts of Chief Friend we are seeing Chief Bearskin’s dream become a reality for ALL Tribal Citizens nationwide!
What History Says“Of all the savage allies of Great Britain in the West, the Wyandots were the most powerful. This arose not so much from the number of their warriors, as from their superior intelligence. Their long association with the French at Detroit, and, after that post fell into the possession of Great Britain, with its later occupants, had advanced them in many respects over the surrounding nations.” ______ Butterfield, C. W. An Historical Account of the Expedition Against Sandusky Under Col. William Crawford In 1782. Cincinnati: Robert Clarke & Co, 1873. print. (164-5)
2021 Winter Clothing Gift Card Application
2021 Winter Clothing Reimbursement Application
Online StoreYour cart is empty
Wyandotte History Brochure
Are the Wyandotte Huron?Many people ask the question, “Are the Wyandotte Huron?” History states that we are predominately of the Tionontati tribe and the Tionontati were never admitted into the Huron (Wendat) Confederacy; however, we do have connections to the Huron through the Attignawantan who were the founding tribe of the Huron. The Wyandotte Nation consists of remnants of the Tionontati, Attignawantan and Wenrohronon (Wenro), all unique independent tribes, who united in 1649-50 after being defeated by the Iroquois Confederacy. A simple answer to a very complicated question is no, the Wyandotte Nation was not part of the Huron Confederacy proper as the Wyandotte truly didn’t exist until after the fall of the Huron Confederacy.