Members and guests acknowledge that you are physically able to engage in any activity, program, or training provided and agree that all exercises and use of this facility are undertaken at your sole risk. You also agree to accept full responsibility for all personal belongings. Derogatory remarks involving any other members or club personnel will not be permitted. Profanity will not be tolerated.
Proper Clothing and Hygiene
• Appropriate athletic shoes only. No street shoes, boots or sandals are allowed in workout areas.
• Shorts, sweat pants, t-shirts, tank tops and spandex accessories deemed appropriate by management are allowed.
• Clean workout clothing is required. Any unsatisfactory visible hygiene condition will be addressed by management and corrective action may be required.
• All other clothing and shoes must be kept in a secure place. Please keep all valuables at home. Bearskin Fitness is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
• Please avoid the use of heavy perfume or cologne.
Weight and Cardiovascular Areas
• Please be courteous at all times.
• Allow others to work out during your rest periods.
• Rack all weights after each use.
• If dumbbells appear loose or cracked, report to staff immediately.
• Keep hands and feet away from all moving parts and weight stacks.
• Do not attempt to repair or adjust any equipment that has malfunctioned.
• Report any equipment problem(s) immediately to the staff.
• Always use a spotter when attempting maximum weight.
• Collars and clips are to be used for “free bar” lifting.
• Use your workout towel to wipe off equipment and benches after use. Cleaner and paper towels are provided in each room.
• If you are unfamiliar with the use of any equipment, please ask a staff member for assistance.
• Children 12 & 13 years of age are not allowed in the workout area UNLESS accompanied by an adult. Children under the age of 12 are not allowed in the workout areas under ANY circumstances.
• Use common sense. Abstain from any exercise that causes pain (other than normal muscle soreness) until you talk with your doctor. Each individual can have specific aches and pains from previous injuries or abuses that may be fine for someone else.
• Remember: When your body hurts, there is a reason. Stay in tune with your body and be aware of any little aches and pains you experience. You are responsible for recognizing painful or inappropriate bodily responses to particular exercises. Do not ignore pain or you may be sorry later.
• Never continue an exercise out of form. Maintain postural alignment for maximum safety and muscle response. Remember that maximum effort leads to maximum results.
All members and guests are required to have fun. We are here to help you reach your fitness goals and provide you with a safe workout environment. Please let us know if you have any questions or recommendations on how we can best serve your needs.
Food and Drink
• Water and sport bottles with spill proof lids are allowed in all areas of the club.
• No food items, glass containers or other beverages in the workout areas.
Membership ID Cards
Bearskin Fitness Center issues a membership ID card to memberships for identification purposes. Prospective members less than 14 days are not issued a card. You may not let anyone else use it. Use of your card by anyone else will cause it to be confiscated, and a fee will be charged to redeem it. There is a charge of $1.00 for lost ID cards.
You must check in at the front desk prior to using the facility. If you have not received your membership ID, you must check in with a staff member.
Membership Freeze Policy
Bearskin Fitness Center allows 3 freezes a year, set at no more than 2 weeks each time to be placed on memberships. However, you must be in good standing with all fees paid and current on your dues and you qualify as follows: medical disability, active duty military, temporary employment transfer, & vacation.
Bearskin Fitness Center encourages you to bring friends, relatives and business associates for a guest visit. A guest must check in at the front desk, be at least 18 (minor must have signature of parent of guardian on release form), sign a medical and injury release form and pay a guest fee before using the facilities.
14 Day Free Trial
Bearskin Fitness Center has a 14 day free trial membership for prospective members to “try before they buy” the facility amenities. This trial applies to individuals within 60 miles of the facility.
Gym bucks will be received when a patron refers someone who becomes a paying customer once the two week free trial is up. When the standard or family membership is purchased, the one who referred will receive $5 gym bucks on their account. (DOES NOT APPLY TO STUDENTS.)
• STATE LAW requires you to shower before using the whirlpool.
• The use of the whirlpool is at your own risk.
• Proper swim attire is required.
• Members and guests must be 16 years of age or older.
• Pregnant women and persons suffering from heart disease, diabetes, high or low blood pressure should not enter the whirlpool without prior medical consultation and permission from their doctor.
• Persons under the influence of alcohol, narcotics, or other drugs that cause sleepiness, drowsiness, or raise blood pressure should not enter the hot tub.
• Persons with communicable diseases, skin infections or open sores shall not enter whirlpool.
• Enter and exit slowly.
• Persons should not submerge their face or head under water.
• Observe reasonable time limits. If you experience nausea, dizziness or unusual feelings exit the whirlpool immediately.
• Glass and other breakable objects are not permitted in whirlpool areas.
• Please turn off whirlpool if you are the last person out of the water.
• In case of emergency ( no matter how minor ) contact the staff immediately.
• Inclement weather may require you to evacuate certain areas of facility if deemed necessary by personnel (whirlpools, tanning beds, etc).
Lockers Bearskin Fitness provides lockers for your use on a daily basis free of charge, provided that you exchange your car keys. Lockers are available for a monthly rental fee of $5.00. Bearskin Fitness will distribute the appropriate lock to be used. Any locks other than one assigned will be cut off and your locker may be reassigned. If your locker status is expired for more than 30 days or the wrong lock has been used, your property will be considered abandoned and Bearskin Fitness shall have the right to donate your property to charity.
Prohibited Items and Activities
• No alcohol, drugs or smoking.
• No weapons in Bearskin premises.
• No photography or video equipment. Permission only granted if written statement from management.
• Personal Training: Under no circumstance is any member to train another member for compensation. If it is determined that paid personal training has been conducted on the premises, the trainer and trainee will each lose their membership.
• Bearskin Fitness reserves the right to limit or restrict the use of outside equipment in the club.
• Tanning is by appointment and limited to one session per day.
• For your convenience and protection, eyewear is provided and must be worn.
• Only indoor tanning products allowed in tanning equipment.
• If you are 17 years old or younger, you must provide written consent signed by a parent or legal guardian.
• If you are over 10 minutes late, your tanning appointment will be cancelled.
• For your convenience and protection, a disinfectant cleaner is provided for your use. Please wipe down tanning bed when your session is completed.
• Avoid overexposure. This can cause eye and skin injury and allergic reactions.
• Repeated exposure may cause premature aging of the skin and skin cancer.
• If you do not tan in the sun, you are unlikely to tan from the use of this equipment.
• Medications or cosmetics may increase your sensitivity to the ultraviolet radiation. Consult a physician before using tanning equipment if you are using medications or have a history of skin problems or you are especially sensitive to sunlight.
• Please check with a staff member for a list of medications that can cause photosensitivity.
Towels are provided for your use free of charge. It is recommended that you use a towel during your workouts to put on the machines to provide a barrier to catch sweat, fluids, etc. Please return your towels at the end of your workout, shower or tanning session. Towel collection sites are located outside of each locker room and inside each tanning room.
Violation of Rules
If any member violates rules or policies, Bearskin Fitness Center will ask the person to stop or leave the facility. This may also result in termination of the violator’s membership.
Inclement Weather Policy
In the case of inclement weather, Bearskin Fitness Center will be closed in the morning hours or if the Wyandotte School System is closed. However, the center may open in the afternoon after road conditions improve. Please feel free to contact the BFC for information on when the center will open.
Amenities / Services
• Personal training is offered by a National Academy of Sports Medicine Certified professional.
• Aerobics –Please check with the front desk staff for further information.
• 2 Cybex Arc Trainers
• 4 Elliptical Fitness Trainers
• 2 Whirlpools
• 6 Treadmills
• 12 Strength Resistance Components
• 6 FM Wireless Video Theaters
• Cybex Free Weight Equipment
• 2 Recumbent Bicycles
• 2 Nu Steps
• 3 Tanning Beds = (2) level one beds and (1) level 2 bed
• 1 Indoor Walking Track