Title VI Program Grant From DHS Administration On Aging
1. Provide free lunches 5 days a week to elderly Indian people 55 years of age or over.
2. Serving time 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
3. CDIB card required.
4. Spouses are also eligible to eat free
5. Guests meals are $5.00 and children 12 and under are $3.00.
6. Volunteers eat free for (bringing elders or taking elders food, donating time to kitchen through the noon hour).
7. Host approximately 10 special events per year. (Music day, holiday parties and etc.).
1. Building rental $75.00 for public or $50.00 tribal members and tribal employees.
2. Will host banquets. $12.00-15.00 per plate
3. May, June and July are heavily booked so book early for these months.
4. Host arts and crafts department. Senior Turtles make 2, keep one, sell one (excluding shawls). It is a self-supporting program at this time through donation and sales of arts and crafts at the community building.
5. Provide transportation, information and referrals.
6. Host and transport special events throughout the year. ( Fairs, festivals, and shopping trips).
7. Provide space for monthly Health Screening Services provided by Bearskin Health Center.
8. Host eye and ear screening clinics upon request from outside contractors
Serves On The Following Boards (Title VI Director)
1. Grand Gateway Advisory Council
2. Executive Board Oklahoma Indian Council
3. Oklahoma Task Force on Minority Aging
4. Northeast Oklahoma Caregiver Coalition
Brenda House, Director, Ext. 227
Food Service Team, Ext. 228
Kandi Smith, Food Service Supervisor
Leesa Hibbard, Food Service Team Member
Lynda Wilson, Food Service Team Member
Seth Higginbotham, Food Service Team Member
Dari Ann Hunnicutt, Caregiver Specialist, Ext. 253