This is a great opportunity for college bound high school Native American seniors to continue and/or to jump start their college experience. Participants will:
- Earn 12-14 USD credits that should transfer to their college of choice in the fall: College Algebra, English Composition, Psychology, Speech, etc.
- Work a credit-bearing paid internship – @24 per week at $9.00 per hour
- Meet weekly with an advisor to get “ducks in a row” for the fall
- Receive a $500 National Jump Start Stipend.
- Earn a $400 Incentive Grant
- Learn and practice college success strategies
- Earn an annual USD Housing Scholarship (USD bound only)
- Engage in cultural-educational activities unique to the Black Hills and to Crazy Horse
- Receive post-summer tracking and follow-up.
- Become eligible for a 2nd Year Upper Level Program
Contact Aaron Poor Bear at email@example.com or (605) 677-7935 for additional information and/or a student application for the summer program.