The Indian Health Service is offering full scholarships.
The Indian Health Service Health Professions Scholarship provides financial aid covering tuition, required fees, and other educational and living expenses for qualified American Indian and Alaska Native students enrolled in a health profession degree program.
Recipients of the scholarship are required to fulfill a service commitment at an Indian health facility one year of service for each year of support, for a maximum of 4 years full-time and 8 years part-time.
The eligible degree programs are diverse and include:
· Medicine — Allopathic and Osteopathic doctorate degrees
· Nursing — Bachelor of Science (BSN)
· Nursing — Nurse Practitioner/Advanced Practice Nurse (NP, DNP)
· Nursing — Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM)
· Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)
· Physician Assistant
· Dentistry — DDS or DMD
· Social Work — Master’s degree
· Clinical Psychology — PhD or PsyD
· Counseling Psychology — PhD
· Optometry — OD
· Pharmacy — PharmD
· Podiatry — DPM
· Physical Therapy — DPT
· Chiropractic — DC
The application due date is February 28, 2021, 7:00 p.m. Eastern which gives people time to prepare and submit an application.
More details can be found online by clicking here:
https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2020/10/28/2020-23820/indian-health-professions-preparatory-indian-health-professions-pre-graduate-and-indian-health. This is for your information. Please share this scholarship opportunity with any Native Americans interested in pursuing degrees in the health profession.