- 2021 Preschool Graduation May 11, 2021
- Service Awards May 7, 2021
- Vacancy Announcement – Facilities Technician – Full-Time April 29, 2021
- Vacancy Announcement – Youth Program Assistant Coordinator – Temporary Full-Time April 23, 2021
- 2nd class graduates from Wyandotte YOUniversity April 23, 2021
- Vacancy Announcement – Teacher (Certified) – Full-Time – 2 Open Positions April 22, 2021
- Vacancy Announcement – Senior Accounting Manager April 21, 2021
- HUD Awards More Than $90 Million for Affordable Housing in Tribal Communities April 15, 2021
- FEMA to offer funeral assistance for deaths related to COVID April 1, 2021
- Easter Egg Hunt a big success March 29, 2021
- Easter Egg Hunt Saturday, March 27 March 24, 2021
- Contract open positions. Contact = email@example.com or 918-678-4212 March 23, 2021
- Tire Collection Event April 19-23 March 18, 2021
- Crosswinds Casino opens to huge crowd March 4, 2021
- Disaster Relief application for Wyandotte Nation tribal citizens February 26, 2021
ATTENTION WYANDOTTE CITIZENS!
Please contact Dana at the tribal center and update your mailing address today. If you are receiving the tribal newsletter your records are up to date. Information has been mailed out regarding a new supplemental healthcare benefit! Call your family members and have them update their mailing addresses too.
Chief Bearskin's ultimate vision was to provide healthcare to all Tribal Citizens. It has taken several years and a lot of work by many people, now through the final efforts of Chief Friend we are seeing Chief Bearskin’s dream become a reality for ALL Tribal Citizens nationwide!
What History Says“Of all the savage allies of Great Britain in the West, the Wyandots were the most powerful. This arose not so much from the number of their warriors, as from their superior intelligence. Their long association with the French at Detroit, and, after that post fell into the possession of Great Britain, with its later occupants, had advanced them in many respects over the surrounding nations.” ______ Butterfield, C. W. An Historical Account of the Expedition Against Sandusky Under Col. William Crawford In 1782. Cincinnati: Robert Clarke & Co, 1873. print. (164-5)
Online StoreYour cart is empty
Wyandotte History Brochure
Are the Wyandotte Huron?Many people ask the question, “Are the Wyandotte Huron?” History states that we are predominately of the Tionontati tribe and the Tionontati were never admitted into the Huron (Wendat) Confederacy; however, we do have connections to the Huron through the Attignawantan who were the founding tribe of the Huron. The Wyandotte Nation consists of remnants of the Tionontati, Attignawantan and Wenrohronon (Wenro), all unique independent tribes, who united in 1649-50 after being defeated by the Iroquois Confederacy. A simple answer to a very complicated question is no, the Wyandotte Nation was not part of the Huron Confederacy proper as the Wyandotte truly didn’t exist until after the fall of the Huron Confederacy.