- Wyandotte Nation to keep casinos closed through April March 30, 2020
- Change in hours at Turtle Stop in Wyandotte March 19, 2020
- Names with Lakes March 19, 2020
- Names with Trees March 18, 2020
- Wyandotte Nation continues effort to slow spread of coronavirus March 17, 2020
- Vacancy Announcement – Administrative Assistant – Education March 17, 2020
- River Bend, 7th Street, Lucky Turtle Casinos temporarily closed March 17, 2020
- Contract open positions. Contact = email@example.com or 918-678-4212 March 17, 2020
- names that are joined March 17, 2020
- names of carrying March 16, 2020
- Names that Matter March 15, 2020
- Names on the Other Side March 14, 2020
- Names with a Twist March 13, 2020
- Names with a Twist March 12, 2020
- Vacancy Announcement – Custodian March 11, 2020
ATTENTION WYANDOTTE CITIZENS!
Please contact Dana at the tribal center and update your mailing address today. If you are receiving the tribal newsletter your records are up to date. Information has been mailed out regarding a new supplemental healthcare benefit! Call your family members and have them update their mailing addresses too.
Chief Bearskin's ultimate vision was to provide healthcare to all Tribal Citizens. It has taken several years and a lot of work by many people, now through the final efforts of Chief Friend we are seeing Chief Bearskin’s dream become a reality for ALL Tribal Citizens nationwide!
What History Says“Of all the savage allies of Great Britain in the West, the Wyandots were the most powerful. This arose not so much from the number of their warriors, as from their superior intelligence. Their long association with the French at Detroit, and, after that post fell into the possession of Great Britain, with its later occupants, had advanced them in many respects over the surrounding nations.” ______ Butterfield, C. W. An Historical Account of the Expedition Against Sandusky Under Col. William Crawford In 1782. Cincinnati: Robert Clarke & Co, 1873. print. (164-5)
Online StoreYour cart is empty
2020 Winter Clothing Reimbursement App
2020 Winter Clothing Gift Card App
Wyandotte History Brochure
Are the Wyandotte Huron?Many people ask the question, “Are the Wyandotte Huron?” History states that we are predominately of the Tionontati tribe and the Tionontati were never admitted into the Huron (Wendat) Confederacy; however, we do have connections to the Huron through the Attignawantan who were the founding tribe of the Huron. The Wyandotte Nation consists of remnants of the Tionontati, Attignawantan and Wenrohronon (Wenro), all unique independent tribes, who united in 1649-50 after being defeated by the Iroquois Confederacy. A simple answer to a very complicated question is no, the Wyandotte Nation was not part of the Huron Confederacy proper as the Wyandotte truly didn’t exist until after the fall of the Huron Confederacy.